Saturday, November 3, 2007

Brave New World Order Hats

Brave New World Order Leader promoting Brave New World Order Hats to all of us, square headed or not.

The best Greek design magazine, then called "DeltaD", now "+design", has a big interview with one designer or illustrator as a main subject in each issue. The same person, usually, makes the cover of the issue as well.

I made this illustration for the issue with my interview, feeling very strong on the subject. I believe that the country I was born in, (ex)Yugoslavia, was dismantled so it would be easies to make all of us wear the New World Order hats...

The Illustration was made with pencil on paper 5,5 x 8 cm, scanned on 400%, and retouched in the computer. I wanted the roughness of the enlarged pencil lines. I also wanted to show my disgust with all the politicians, domestic and foreign, who did the dirty job of initiating the war while talking about peace, freedom, human rights and democracy. Whenever I hear any of these terms in the news I feel it as an insult to my ears and I know that there is a lot of pain there.

Back then, in all ex Yugoslavia there was a curse - to see your house on TV with Christiane Amanpour in front of it talking about democracy, human rights and freedom. She played her dirty role in the whole story as well. My opinion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really quite excellent.

Keiko said...

Strong picture made with real talent.
Style reminds me of Enki Bilal.

Willie Baronet said...

What a blockhead. :-) Nice job.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurel Neustadter said...

Wow. This is a powerful piece. Excellent drawing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.